Point Penalty System
To report an infraction you must fill out the Elections Violation Form. Please note that the Elections Violations Committee holds the right to give more or less points or sanctions on a case-by-case basis.
- (20 Points) Campaigning before the designated campaign start time
- (20 points) Harassing another candidate or potential candidate
- (20 points) Engaging in quid pro quo
- (20 Points) Failing to follow the University of Rochester posting guidelines
- (20 points) Failing to follow the University of Rochester chalking policies
- (3 Points per dollar) Spending more than allotted limit on campaigning materials
- (50 Points) Defacing or consenting to the defacement of another candidate’s campaign materials
- (20 Points) Posting in a class page, misuse of direct messaging, or using a student’s organization’s property and/or resources for personal campaign purposes without permission from the executive board
- (5 Points per hour) Submitting candidacy past the deadline
- (50 Points) Deceiving the Elections Coordinator or members of the Elections Violations Committee
- (50 Points) Failing to comply with sanctions
- (50 Points) Failing to remove campaign literature determined in violation of enumerated campaign policies within 24 hours of the “send time” of the notification email.
- (50 Points) Fraudulently using the likeness, image, or statement of another member of the University of Rochester without their consent
- (50 Points) Having campaign materials that discriminate against another person
- 20-29 points: Lose the ability to publicly campaign either in-person or online for a period of time up to the discretion of the Elections Violation Committee.
- 30-39 points: Lose the ability to campaign publicly and online for a period of time up to the discretion of the Elections Violation Committee.
- 40-49 points: Lose the ability to campaign for the remainder of the campaign period.
- 50-59 points: Disqualified from election cycle.