Biomedical Engineering Society Minutes
Make sure you sign up for the Annual BME Banquet! You can pay in Declining!!!
Look out for the Doodle for our FoodLink event on April 18th!
CHECK BMES OUT on Social Media:
- Sign up sheets will go around in classes – YOU CAN PAY WITH DECLINING!!!!!!! (So everyone should sign up)
- Join the Facebook Event!
- Freshmen will get the sheet in either CHM 132 or PHY 121
- Senior class gifts are given out at the banquet, so seniors should attend
- Tickets will be sold at the door (cash only)
- Gag gifts – need to be accumulated in one place by next Monday
- Online sign up: Here
- Vote for senior superlatives & professor of the year BY THE END OF THIS WEEK: Here
- Will send emails to top 3 in each category
- Selling BME stuff at banquet (cash only)
E-Social – Recap
- E-Social was good, quite long
- Marina needs someone to loan her their car so that she can go to a junkyard and find a car OR donate their time and their car, and go with her to bring the car back to campus.
- Will cost $800 – strip car, bring it here, tow it away
- Our contribution will be: sending members and giving money
- We probably will charge for a certain amount of time
- Tentative Date: April 15th
Super Smash Brothers Tournament – Recap
BMES Study Break!
- Tentative Date: May 1st
- Cinco De Mayo Themed again
Bowling Social – a Sunday – get X number of lanes
Assassin event within BME
- Quarter Zips – finding out more information to get finalized
- Custom Ink will do them
- We need to know how many we want, design, etc.
- We will have a price quote by Friday
- They will take a week to get them for us
- We can potentially have them for the Banquet
- Ask for about 35-40
- Tank tops will be sold at the Banquet
- Wednesday, April 8th 6:30 (tentative)
- Emails will be sent out by the end of this week
- Possible Mentor info session to get more mentors involved
- if we want to have an orientation event – must plan early!! and contact Matt Spielman
- Workshop for Mentoring Committee and what everyone wants – sometime mid-April
- internship session: helpful/useful – try to host another one middle/end of Fall semester and Spring semester
- Vaccinex tour: 5-6 person tours (2) on Mt Hope Ave.
- 2 dates, 2:30-5 Tuesday or Thursday, 2:30-5 on Friday – April 14, 16, 17
- Likely we will get Tuesday and Thursday
- Dates: April 14th (Tuesday), April 16th (Thursday)
- Will give description of bioprocess engineering
- EVENT: Out on a Limb Screening and discussion with speakers
- April 13th 7-8 PM before meeting
- Matt Spielman/ SA is interested in showing academic movies
- Video called “Fixed” – about human enhancement
- March 19th 7 PM Gowan Room
- Potential Stem Cell Industry Tour – Latest by next semester
- On Campus tutoring/volunteering
- -NSBE Study Hall Tuesdays—7-10 PM
- ->>Sign ups: Here
- FoodLink –
- Two people attended
- In the future, people should really go to these things
- Another FoodLink Event on April 18th at 9 am until 12.
- Be at Goergen at 8:30 am
- STEM Family Science Day (April 18th) – ECG, Doppler
- Still looking into other schools to work with – late April/May
- Last Monday of every month – College Diabetes Network – help out with their events with patients from Strong
- Send out Doodle Poll for the April 18th FoodLink date
- WE HAVE NO NEWSLETTER EDITOR RIGHT NOW!
- Let us know if you’re interested
- Articles to Sophie (firstname.lastname@example.org) – March 2nd due -Email out during Spring Break
- Mentoring events – Mary & Taryn – after deadline
- Rochester Explorer Post (Event for Children) – Kelly
- RIT social – Justin
- Advertisement for banquet – Janet
- Career Info Session – Emily/Sophie
- Senior design stuff?
- Interview Professor Brown on 101 – Janet and Sophie
- examples of articles: Here
Assessment of Events:
- Complete assessment here
- Click “Assessment” in the list, log onto CCC (make sure to SUBMIT the form)
- Rochester Explorer Post (Event for Children)
- Academic Event on internships and career center
- Matt Spielman is primary contact
- Email Spielman if it’s been more than a month
- Physics 101 Crash Course
- Try to co-sponsor with Tau Beta Pi
- Every engineer has to take this test
- Talk to Matt Spielman about this
- Look out for a general meeting next semester!
Weekly Meetings every Monday at 8 PM in Goergen 239.
Questions? Email Anisha at email@example.com