The challenge is simple: What would you do with $5000 to improve the lives of Rochester students?
1. Submit Your Proposal
Tell us about an improvement you’d like to see on campus, and make sure it fits within the submission guidelines. November 9th – November 25th.
2. Vote For Your Favorite
All proposals that meet the criteria for a feasible project will be voted on by the student body. Voting will take place on January 26th and 27th.
We will implement the winning project during the Spring Semester.
Information about Proposals:
We want to hear your ideas; how we can better the campus community one project at a time.
When submitting your proposal, please remember to keep feasibility into account. Remember, this is a 5K challenge. Here are some ways that the $5000 can be used:
- One-and-Done Think of something that costs up to $5000 and we’ll buy it. Ex: hanging a $5000 disco ball in Wilson Commons.
- Start Something New Use $5000 to start an annual service. Ex: an annual disco party in Wilson Commons. Disclaimer: We’ll reevaluate the service each and every year, so make sure the idea is sustainable!
These are some things to keep in mind while writing your submission. Submissions that fail to address the following criteria will be disqualified from the competition.
- Does it benefit the whole campus community?
- Does it improve the student experience?
- Does it fit a need on campus?
- Is it feasible within the given budget?
- Is it inclusive? (Can a lot of students use it?)
Voting will take place from 10am on Jan 26th until 10pm on Jan 27th, and the winning proposal will be announced on January 28th. If you submit the winning proposal, you will be recognized at the State of the SA event as a recipient of the SA Campus Initiative of the Year Award. Vote here.