Custom File Locations
Downloading Custom Files
- In SolidWorks PDM, browse to Baja General Files > Templates. Select MOD-BAJA-DRWDOT.drwdot, title block.drwprp, and BAJA-SHEETFORMAT-1.slddrt before right-clicking and selecting Open > Check-out Document... Uncheck Open now and select Open > Check out.
Changing Custom File Locations
- Be sure you know where SolidWorks PDM is saving files.
- Select Tools > Options. In the System Options tab, select File Locations from the left-hand pane. Show folders for Document Templates. Click Add and select the folder from Step 1.
- Repeat Step 2 for Custom Property Files, Sheet Formats, and Weldment Profiles. You may need to remove the previous folder before adding the SolidWorks PDM Folder.
It may prove necessary to also do the following step
- Under Tools > Options, go to System Options > Default Templates.
- Select Prompt user to select document template. Press OK.
Custom Weldment Profiles
- In the folder where SolidWorks PDM saves files, create a sub-directory with a unique name, e.g. Baja_Weldment_1.
- In the above folder, create another sub-directory with another unique name, e.g. Baja_Weldment_2.
- Custom weldment profiles can be downloaded from SolidWorks PDM > Baja General Files > Weldment Profiles.
- They should then be copied into the second sub-directory, e.g. Baja_Weldment_2.
Editing Custom Files
Only a member of the Design or Executive Boards should edit the template.
After editing a template already in use, email the team and tell them to check out the new version from PDM.